Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Receive the final file
FASTING FROM MEDIA The first thing I’m going to ask you to do in this media clas
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
FASTING FROM MEDIA
The first thing I’m going to ask you to do in this media class is GIVE UP MEDIA so you can see how dependent you are on it. There is no way I’ll ever know whether you actually did this or not. This is based upon your word and integrity. I would urge you to actually do this. It may be the only time you will ever be asked to do this. You are being rewarded to do it (passing grade?) Give it a try to truly see how much media you consume thoughtlessly and/or on purpose.
You must stop watching television/videos, stop listening to the radio/subscription music and stop gaming for one day (24 hours straight—you cannot divide up the day and do the hours separately.) This means: No online audio services like Amazon, Spotify, Pandora, Apple music, etc. No DVDs played on your television. But also, no watching movies or television series online (Hulu, Netflix, Disney, HBO, etc.) No DVDs on your computer, either. No video clips on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
NO AUDIO or TELEVISION/VIDEO OR SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT OF ANY KIND on any screen or smart device. EXCEPT, OF COURSE, FOR ASSIGNED CONTENT FOR CLASSES OR MEDIA YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CONSUME FOR WORK. You can still use your computer for email and work, but no entertainment video/audio/gaming on your computer. You can still use your phone for calls and texting, but no social media (no Instagram, Faebook, YouTube, etc.) It is only for a day. You will get extra credit if you can find someone to give it up consuming media with you. Just let me know who (how are they related to you?) at the end of your paper. You DO NOT need to answer the questions below regarding their experience.
ONCE THE MEDIA FAST IS FINISHED:
Simply changing your routine viewing behavior will not have a lasting impact unless you take some time to reflect upon the meaning of it. This brings us to the second part of the assignment. CUT-AND-PASTE these questions into a document and submit your answers to CANVAS. You paper shouldn’t be longer than two pages total (not counting the questions that take up a page themselves).
1. Was it easy or difficult for you to break away from radio/television/gaming/media? Why or why not? 2. Describe the media or radio-listening/television-viewing (addicted) culture in the U.S. How did it feel to be purposely “disconnected” from these the media-focused culture? 3. Now that you’ve had a look at your consumption, what did you learn about your consumption habits?
4. What did you do with the “empty” non-listening-watching-playing? Did you seek out interactions with other people or simply consume different digital content on your computer? Be sure and describe how not consuming media affected your other life habits (eating, socializing with family and friends, news gathering, etc.)
5. Describe your interaction with other people during this assignment. How did people treat you because you were actively removing yourself from the mainstream? What was it like to interact (or not interact) with people based upon viewing/consuming (as opposed to other reasons: race, gender, class, etc.) Briefly describe the media-using culture and what it is like to attempt to avoid that culture by becoming a member of a non-consuming culture.
6. Will your consumption habits be altered by the experience? That is, did you (will you) go back to the old ways (“normal”) or will you become more reflective and selective (a loaded question, to be sure)?
7. If you were going to reduce or eliminate some of your media consumption, how would you go about doing it? Briefly describe some ideas or the beginnings of a plan.
What Will You Get?
Get result-oriented writing and never worry about grades anymore. We follow the highest quality standards to make sure that you get perfect assignments.
Our writers have experience in dealing with papers of every educational level. You can surely rely on the expertise of our qualified professionals.
Your deadline is our threshold for success and we take it very seriously. We make sure you receive your papers before your predefined time.
24/7 Customer Support
Someone from our customer support team is always here to respond to your questions. So, hit us up if you have got any ambiguity or concern.
Sit back and relax while we help you out with writing your papers. We have an ultimate policy for keeping your personal and order-related details a secret.
Still reluctant about placing an order? Our 100% Moneyback Guarantee backs you up on rare occasions where you aren’t satisfied with the writing.
Expository essay of mine is well combined with the pre-made book review. Many thanks for your fast support and quick assistance with the writing.
I needed a research summary to be rewritten according to the stylistic rules used in this college. Everything was done as I asked, I enjoyed the discount and will order again. Didn’t communicate with the writer.
Thanks Elite Academic Essays for helping me sell myself in the best possible way! You’ve done a magnificent job of tying all the pieces of my school application together and creating a holistic image of who I am and what I’ve done in a very bold and captivating manner. Marvelous!